This is my world and welcome to it!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Going home tomorrow...

We were supposed to be going back to Orlando this afternoon, but it didn't happen.  So we're planning on leaving here early in the morning.  But that's subject to change also.  My husband Steve, his grandfather is in the local hospital after having a major stroke on Tuesday afternoon. (he had Pneumonia last week and was in the hospital for that)  He hasn't been very responsive, partly because of the morphine they've got him on, and that's to help keep his agitation down.  We're planning on going home anyway, mainly to bring in plants and cover up the ones we can't bring in.  Along with paying some bills and whatever else we find that needs to be done.  We could be called to come back to Starke at any time. 

Steve's grandfather (Pops) has lived a long & good life, he's 97 years old.  He would be quick to tell you that he was born in 1912, the same year that the Titanic went down.  He was married to Steve's granny for almost 72 years when she died on Mother's day in 2003.  He was so lonely without her.  So much, that within a couple of years, he started 'looking' for a nice, Christian woman to hook up with!  He got re-married in (I think) 2005 to a widow (Virginia) here in Starke.  He was only 92, and she was around 86 when they got married!  Her youngest daughter Lisa was 3 years younger than me and Steve.  When I called her "Aunt Lisa", she called me "Obnoxious!!"  What ya'll don't know, is that I used to live right next door to Sandy from "The Olde Country Cupoard" blog, and Virginia's house is on the other side!  Sandy lost both of her very good neighbors to the same family!

I wasn't planning on posting any more until we got back to Orlando, but decided to go ahead anyway.  I wanted to wait until I had access to my pictures on our computer at home.  But don't ya'll worry, I've got tons of pictures that I can't wait to share with all of you!  And I'm almost never at a loss of something to talk about!!  I'm used to typing a nightly email to a group of people all over the country, we all share our love for the older movies and I send them the next day's TCM schedule!  So typing on a blog should be a piece of cake for me!!

And oh yeah, if something hasn't come out right, it's coz I'm typing this post all by myself, with no prompting or help from anyone!

Happy New Year everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey,you did good. Wish you could move back up here and be my neighbor again. I missed you, never was the same after you left.
    hope to see ya soon.
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the best of times for you and your family.

    Welcome to the word of blogging from another blogger in Florida.

    ReplyDelete